Saturday, April 24, 2010

携帯電話 (Keitai Denwa)

I'm now into decorating my beloved mobile... As everyone know keitai refers to "cell". Keitai Denwa is the full reference in Japanese of a "cell phone/portable phones".

Japanese keitai culture has been devloping progressly fast. Some may know that the 'Japanese keitai culture' contains many things that we from Europe, Oceania and other nations don't usually have or isn't seen as often. We on the streets usually see a variety of cell phones, such as flip, clamp, slide, touch or even swivel phones, but 'Clamp' or 'flip' phones are common to use in Japan.

Many of these Japanese phone cultures include decome also known as 'decomail' this is seen as people who 'text' include animated emoticons (emotions) to describe their current feelings.

Another popular keitai culture is cellphone straps. Majority of the Japanese cell phones have atleast a keitai strap. I find it really interesting that this 'fashion accessory' of cell phone straps is supported in the Japanese phone culture.

Jjodonoghue's youtube account has posted an interesting clip in which it shows how keitai straps are used in the majority of the Japan population, whether your old or young, everyone seem's have a little of their own personal keitai strap.
Here is the clip:



I couldn't help but to answer the question posed in the beginning "What does your Keitai wear?"
I guess I'll show how awfully lot of straps I have (although in real life, I avoid to use any at all)

As you can see from above, there's my new phone that I'm so proud of. Many of the keitai straps you see there are either given by my friends or given to me as a present. If I have to count, there is atleast 5 items hanging on my phone. Turtle and son, bear with knitted blue pullover, ribbon/beaded bear with lace, a random girl in green dress wooden strap, and last but not least a bottle of paper stars with a random bell. As you can see most of the strap items I have is blue, since blue's my favourite colour.

In real daily life, my phone does not actually wear such heavy or ALOT of the straps you see there, I even rarely have any on. Anyways it's one-way or another to show off how many straps I like to place on my phone to follow the Japanese keitai culture.

So.. What does your Keitai/cellphone wear? It'd be nice to see some replies once and a while in this blog. Looks lonely.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home